Writing

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Wolf and Me by India R. Adams

As an author it's always good to allow myself to grow. I challenged myself to read things that I normally wouldn't read and I figured what better way to do this than to help other indie authors and give them a review as well. They will come in unedited because I'll probably be posting a couple a month, fingers crossed and they'll need to be done quick. I know over time I'll become better at the reviews so hang in there. Here is the first of many.

“My Wolf and Me” by India R. Adams is not your typical love story. This isn’t the usual story I would read either but I was intrigued by the synopsis. A lycan that doesn’t turn into a man until later in life and needing to save his friend. I was pleasantly surprised on how much I enjoyed it, giving it 4.5 out of 5 stars. 

Now, when I say this is not your typical love story it’s because all the love is not shared between the two main characters. India Adams nails the love of best friends, not just lovers. The love only a parent can have for a child. This story to me is not just about romance, it’s about life and remembering all the little things that truly make us happy. The innocence that we are born with and have lost over time.

She was able to build a set of characters, different from one another without making them flat in a short amount of time in this novella. As an author, it can be difficult to do and I applaud India R. Adams for her incredible talent with character building.


India Adams was a thrill to read and cannot wait for the next story of hers to read. I have learned from what she has shared with all of us and I hope that it will make me a better writer for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment