Writing

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Beginning

This is the beginning of my writing adventure. I am currently in the editing process of my first book, Books of Azric: The Beginning. I have been working on my creation for many months now but it started long before that with a simple thought, a bounty hunter in the fantasy land of Azric.
I will post updates as it moves on step by step. Maybe this will help other aspiring writers create their masterpiece as well. Who knows what this book will do for me. I can say this much though, writing a book is not as easy as everyone thinks it is.
It takes a lot of TIME. My fiance will attest to this as well. I have spent many hours in front of my computer staring at the words on my monitor. Even when the last word was completed my work was just beginning. There were a lot of questions that I had. Where do I go from here? Where can I self publish? How do I market this?
 I use a nice website called book fuel that helps make sure I don't forget a step in the process. This website is designed to help self publishing authors, like myself, not miss the little details that can make or break the book.  They are a free service for outlining what you need to do. They offer paid services for those of us that have the money to do so, like editing, marketing, cover design, even writing the quick blurb on the back of your book. I have not hired any of their paid services thus far but if I do I will be sure to let you know how it goes.
This is where I am leaving you for now. Please check out my short stories that I will be posting periodically before my book is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment